Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Drawing ...



This semester, I took the Advanced Drawing class in the Landscape Architecture department at the Harvard Graduate School of Design taught by Anne McGhee.

Today was the review and I presented my assignments, class exercices and my final project in front of a jury including oil painting artist Marian Dioguardi, visual historian Camila Chaves Cortes, architect Katherine G. Stifel and professors from the Design School. The general comment is that I can take anything banal and make it beautiful, expressive and attractive... What a compliment! But does it mean I don't master the technical skill to reproduce reality? Well I am still working on it...

What a surprise when, after reviewing my work, the artist Marian Dioguardi asked me to buy one of my hetching, an exercice on Piranesi.

More pictures of my drawing are coming soon ...


In drawings

No comments: