Wednesday, August 02, 2006

TENS Pain Control Units

Today I discussed with visitors at Siggraph about research on haptics for psychotherapy. I have been recommended to look at the Faculty of Health, School of Health and Human sciences in the UK. The centre for Pain Research Group is concerned with the use of non-invasive approaches to manage pain. They present TENS a medical device that treats pain for electro stimulation.

They work on the analgesic effects of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) and Interferential Current Therapy (IFT).

Many types of pain which are often relieved with drugs can today be treated by electrical stimulation with no side effects. Pain relief with TENS (Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation) is produced through high frequency electrical stimulation of the nerve which disrupts the pain signal so that the pain is no longer felt.

In Physical therapy


Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links. I also found a great tens unit store - bodyclock. I have received a lot of pain relief from my new unit.


Anonymous said...

Hi it's me again,

thank you for posting my comment. The link did not work in the previous post. That is where i bought my tens unit.