Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Interactive surfaces

Interaction with microsoft surface

Microsoft Surface, a finger interactive table to organize digital media, will be available on the market in winter 2007.

Microsfot surface table

This very neat idea of interactive surface is in the research market for a long time now: for instance with Diamondtouch, Ali Mazalek's tangible viewpoints and James Patten' sensetable from 2000-2001. It is exciting the process of this research being revisted by giant companies for mass production. I wish they would have kept the tangible quality of objects to control digital data. Maybe Pattenstudio will take care of that part!

Video of audiopad by James Patten and Ben Recht.


Alex said...

I would absolutely love to have something like this as my coffee table. I wonder when we'll see this sort of thing in my side of the world. So cool!

Alex said...

I would love to have this as my coffee table. Talk about cool! Looks kind of like a large iPhone. I really like the concept very much. So many different applications!