Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tenori On by Toshio Iwai

I saw it many times on the net, but never quite understood the genius of it until I saw this video. It is a "64" buttons interface, very simple, but the sound works so well for its type of interaction and the device fits instantaneously with your expectation. The rhythm you create invites for more exploration.

Toshio Iwai Launch of Tenori-On


Posted by Cati Vaucelle @ Architectradure
.............................................................................................

2 comments:

smith said...

Hi Cati,

It is indeed a brilliant project! What better an idea than "play" to drive an interface! I know a lot of musicians who grumble about the price of this unit (compared to say the reconfigurable monome) but I think this is a music device of beauty much like the buddha machine.

I'm super excited to be going to the Canadian launch for the Tenori-on. It will be hosted by Mutek in Montreal on April 9th and feature performances by Robert Lippok, Pole and Sutekh. I only wish they had roped Atom Heart into joining the festivities as I know he was one of the beta-testers of the device.

denis_m said...

J'adore !! En tant que graphiste et musicien, je vois là un parfait mélange des 2, où l'animation se mélange à l'intensité, sur un truc complètement basic, énorme !!!!