Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Web Trend Map 2007 Version 2.0

Clic for details on the map

We have done it before: The 200 most successful websites on the web, ordered by category, proximity, success, popularity and perspective. We have done it again – and better. Upon popular demand – here is iA’s next Web Trend Map

Map created by information architects Japan. Also I just discovered a clicable online version via DesignNotes


Ashok said...

How exactly is this map supposed to work?

OK, let's say I have a blog at LJ, and I read Red State. If I follow the map, the way Red State influences me or makes me effective is through Technorati, and that depends on Google and maybe even Blogger in order to drum up "buzz" for a topic, and that in turn is the hub where one can take the pink line to get off at LJ.

Or is the idea how companies influence each other? If that's the idea, let me be clear: this map is gonna have to get a heck of a lot messier.

cati said...

The websites are organized by category, proximity, success, popularity and perspective.

To navigate through it, there is a legend at the bottom right corner that explains the major lines, the forecast for each website and so forth.
So for instance if you take the "sharing" line you navigate from BitTorrent, via the PirateBay(itself a main site) etc...

There must be much more interrelationships, but the idea is to filter the main influences to organize the main web trends from 2007 in a map

Ashok said...

Thanks - I did read the legend as soon as I left the comment. I think I need to post on this.

Anonymous said...

other map based on the websites world classification carried out by Alexa and ComScore. The websites traffic is correlated with the surface of the countries.